Saturday, November 14, 2009

Final Post

I decided to end this blog with what I've learnt.

1) PLAN!!!!!!!!!

I've learnt that you must plan, especially in the storyboarding stage, down to the keyframe. My main reason that the film wasnt done on time, was because I didnt plan exactly what the ghost or the dog would do, I kind of got carried away, especially with the sleeping scene.

2) Make a reasonable schedule. I made a schedule, but it was very vague, and I wish I had followed it a bit better, though, the other assginments didnt exactly help.

I have learnt a lot about animation in this assignment though. And I really liked some of what I did. I wish I could have had more fun with the backgrounds though. And also, I would have liked to see what it looked like in colour.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

work work work

still animating...

first dog walk cycle ever! thankgod for the animation survival kit, or I would be screwed. It's great to go back to the basics though, I'm realising why I did animation in the first place :D

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

animating away

aproximate animation done so far : 30 seconds

still a LOT to go...good news is, I've learnt a lot about animation in this time, and am realising different techniques and what looks good etc. other than that, nothing else really to report on...

Friday, October 9, 2009


just was animating, and made little ghosty pout, and sulk off, and realised how much he looks like a fish with the line work (basically the circle on his head) so I had to stick a screencap here just for shits and giggles

Wednesday, October 7, 2009


currently animating the ghost at the moment, goin a bit crazy, 20 seconds in...and NOW he starts sulking off. I had too much fun waking him up, rolling over and yawning, I'm liking it so far, but now I have to figure out a ghost walk cycle, well, more of a ghost float cycle...but it's difficult to come up with something that looks good

but here are some more backgrounds, or a background

I wanna thank Marianna for the dead bird idea :D

Friday, September 25, 2009

experimental done!

well, it's over, thankgod. one assignment finally out of the way haha. I had a lot of fun though, and when working straight ahead with cutouts, with no practice, I'm pretty happy with it, especially the swinging part at the end, the timing just seemed to work well. and I managed to include smear frames, win! here are some screencaps
hmm, things I learnt, don't eat the lollies when you've been animating them for hours on a rostrum table that has been used by several people before you

make sure you check the animation constantly, cos it aint easy to go back and fix it up

colour palette

here it is John, enjoy :P

just the major colours, so I could have reference when doing the other rooms